Friday, May 9, 2008

Frugal Does Not Mean Dishonest

Just a quick word about living frugally and making every penny count.

This does not in any way indicate that anyone should be frugal by stealing or other nefarious means. One of the things I'm really against is shoplifting and using sneaky/illegal means to make/save money. It is possible to make money and be frugal and totally be on the up and up.

I feel the need to say this in case something I say or do in one of my blogs comes across as a little shady. I would hope that if someone felt this way, they would call me on it to either let myself justify what I did or rectify the situation.

Having said that, I encourage everyone to be both moral and honest. If you find a wallet, turn it in. If you find the cashier at the store made a mistake in your favor, let her know. Saving money is cool, but I'm a believer in good karma. What goes around comes around, so make sure that only good stuff is going to come around to you.

No comments: