Thursday, May 7, 2009

Repurposing: DVD Holder to a Coupon Binder

One of the main things I read about in blogs is “repurposing” and Ilove this concept. It’s creative and it helps me to focus more on theusefulness of things to be repurposed rather than how they look. Don’tget me wrong…I’d like to have visually appealing things. Butcreativity can wait in the name of functionality.

I recently found a repurpose for a DVD case we picked up at a thrift store for seventy five cents. Originally, I was going to use it to savespace with our DVD collection. But then I realized I like having my DVDs in their cases better than I would like them in a holder.

After reading some blogs about coupon binders, I decided to be lazy andsimply repurpose my DVD holder into a coupon holder. Strangely enough,it works really well if you don’t mind folding some bigger coupons.

Eventually I’d like to decorate it…give it some flair or some color.It’s a toss-up between a mod podge of magazine pics or a cloth covermade with fabric from an old pair of jeans the boyfriend can’t wearanymore. Once I get a chance to do it, I’ll probably have to flip acoin.

No comments: